Thursday, April 7, 2011

Energy Vortex

Disclaimer: I am going to sound like kind of a freak, but these are the kinds of things I think about, so deal with it.

I blame my parents. They're going on a vacation to some random ass place in Arizona for their anniversary so they can go feel this energy vortex thing there. I don't get it, but I guess it sounds cool.
But they tell me about stuff like that all the time. Stuff related to energy and feng shui, and Buddhism, and zen and angels and stuff. They're an odd mix of religions that I can only describe to people as "new-agey". It's quite eclectic though. I like it. It's always interesting to hear what they have to say about things in life.

So my mom had talked to this psychic a while back who had told her that April was going to be a rough month, energy-wise. And I can already tell. If that's really what's going on. So far, I've had a friend dealing with crazy apartment issues and jumping through hoops to get out of her lease, and she's been really upset, and then there's my issues with this stupid passport and the hoops I have to jump through to get it renewed in time to get a visa for Sri Lanka, and on top of that the stupid government might shut down, and then there's all the stress everyone has from school right now...it's just getting crazy for everyone. And it's only the 7th of the month.
So far, I've only talked to my mom to freak out about things and figure out how I'm going to manage this passport business, but I know if I talked with her for a bit longer, sooner or later she'd start talking about this crazy energy that everyone's caught up in. What's funny is that I've heard that kind of thing from her so many times that I start to think along those lines sometimes. Like that everything is due to the energy, or to spirit guides, or angels helping us out, or something. It's usually things she says to comfort me, and it actually helps. So in tough situations, it helps if instead of freaking out about everything being out of control, I rather try to think about what my mom or dad would say to me about the situation. That way, instead of everything being out of my control, it's more like thinking about the situation being in the hands of the universe, unfolding as it was meant to. Or it being in the hands of someone or something that cares about me, like my "spirit guides" or "angels" or whatever you prefer to call them.

It's a comfort. I don't talk about that kind of thing with people a lot, because it makes my parents, and me by association, sound like a whole lotta crazy. But for me it's always been a cool thing to think about, and makes the little issues in life seem like less of a big deal.
But yeah. I probably shouldn't be up this late. I need to be up early tomorrow, but I can't really sleep right now. I should go try though.
But yay for April. And cross your fingers that the government doesn't shut down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment